Name : Shailendra Mishra
Phone: : 0091-9911912027
Website: : www.shailendramishra.com
Email: : firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Shailendra Mishra, a Masters in Music (Percussion); is a Gandabandh Shishya of Pt. Samir Chatterjee. He was also under the tutelage of Shri Arjun Rai, Pt. Anand Gopal Bandhopadhyay and has received invaluable guidance from late Pt. Shyamal Bose. He represents both Benaras and Farukkhabad Gharanas. An 'A' grade artist from the AIR(All India Radio) he has played in various domestic and international conferences and concerts with stalwarts like late Pt. V.G.Jog, Ustad Amjad Ali Khan Saheb, Pt. Rajan- Sajan Mishra, Smt Girija Devi, Pt. Shrikant Bakre, Vidushi N. Rajam, Pt. Ulhas Kashalkar, Late Pt. Vishnu Prasanna and many more. He has participated several times in the ‘National Programme of Music’ on AIR as well as on Doordarshan (Indian T.V. channels).He has conducted workshops as well as ‘Lecture Demonstrations’ covering various topics on music especially the Indian rhythm and related aspects of the art of Tabla playing.
The Government of India deputed him as a Third Sec in the Cultural Centre, High Commission of India, Kuala Lumpur where he propagated the art of Tabla Playing amongst the people of Malaysia for 3 &1/2 Years under cultural exchange programme.
He has a teaching experience of more than 14 years propagating the age old Guru Shishya Parampara. He has conducted workshops as well as ‘Lecture Demonstrations’ covering various topics on music especially the Indian rhythm and related aspects of the art of Tabla playing. He has performed with stalwarts of Indian classical music in India and abroad. His Solo performances and Jugalbandi concerts (Including North & South Indian music with Carnatic percussionists) have been greatly admired and applauded by critics and connoisseurs. He has worked with Jazz musicians and also with ‘Gamelan’ (a group of musicians playing the Malaysian traditional instruments).
In his three years’ stay in Malaysia, many major concerts, involving world famous artists from India and many concerts of different scales involving the local artists were organized in Malaysia. This sudden increase and awareness regarding Indian Classical Music among the people of Malaysia was brought about by the efforts of Shri. Shailendra Mishra.
• PERFORMED IN THE FESTIVAL OF INDIAN CLASSICAL MUSIC AND DANCE 2006 ORGANISED BY SIFAS (SINGAPORE INDIAN FINE ARTS SOCIETY), SINGAPORE.
• PERFORMED IN ‘CLASSICAL SOIREE’ ORGANISED BY ‘TEMPLE OF FINE ARTS’, A SAROD AND TABLA CONCERT IN KUALA LUMPUR AND PENANG, MALAYSIA, FEB.2006.
• PERFORMED IN ‘A SOULFUL EVENING’ A SAROD AND TABLA CONCERT WITH SHRI PARTHOSARATHY IN THE HIGH COMMISSION OF INDIA, KUALA LUMPUR, ORGANISED BY ‘INDIAN CLASSICAL VIBES FEB.2006’.
• CONDUCTED A LECTURE DEMONSTRATION FOR ‘WINDOW TO THE WORLD’ ORGANISED BY THE UNIVERSITY OF MALAYSIA, MARCH, 2006.
• PERFORMED IN ‘REVERBERATIONS’ A SITAR AND TABLA CONCERT WITH SHRI PRATEEK CHAUDHURY IN THE HIGH COMMISSION OF INDIA, KUALA LUMPUR, ORGANISED BY ‘YAYASAN SENIMAN INDIA, MALAYSIA JUNE 2006’
• PERFORMED IN ‘DIVINE MELODIES’ A SITAR AND TABLA CONCERT IN THE TEMPLE OF FINE ARTS, PENANG JUNE 2006’.
• PERFORMED IN ‘SCHINTILLATING MELODIES’ A SHEHNAI AND TABLA CONCERT WITH SHRI LOKESH ANAND IN THE HIGH COMMISSION OF INDIA, KUALA LUMPUR, ORGANISED BY ‘CLASSICAL VIBES SOCIETY, MALAYSIA SEPTEMBER 2006’.
• PERFORMED IN ‘NINAD’ A FLUTE AND TABLA CONCERT WITH USTAD AZIZUL ISLAM, FROM BANGLADESH IN IPOH, PERAK, MALAYSIA, ORGANISED BY GREENTOWN INDIAN CULTURAL SOCIETY, IPOH SEPTEMBER,2006.
• PERFORMED IN ‘A MELLIFLUOUS EVENT’ A HANSAVEENA AND TABLA CONCERT WITH PT. BARUN KUMAR PAL IN THE HIGH COMMISSION OF INDIA, KUALA LUMPUR, ORGANISED BY ‘INDIAN CLASSICAL VIBES’ SOCIETY, MALAYSIA, OCTOBER,2006
• PERFORMED IN ‘INDRADHANUSH’ A TABLA AND SITAR/VOCAL CONCERT WITH LOCAL ARTISTS OF MALAYSIA, IN D.B.K.L. AUDITORIUM, MALAYSIA DECEMBER,2006.
• PERFORMED IN ‘PARAMPARA-A TRADITION’ A VOCAL AND TABLA CONCERT WITH SHRI RITESH-RAJNISH MISHRA IN THE HIGH COMMISSION OF INDIA, KUALA LUMPUR, ORGANISED BY ‘INDIAN CLASSICAL VIBES SOCIETY, MALAYSIA JANUARY 2007.
• PERFORMED IN A VOCAL DUET AND TABLA CONCERT WITH SHRI RITESH-RAJNISH MISHRA IN THE TEMPLE OF FINE ARTS KUALA LUMPUR, JANUARY 2007’
• PERFORMED WITH USTAD AMJAD ALI KHAN ON 2nd JUNE 2007 IN LUCKNOW ON 150TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE REVOLT OF 1857 ORGANISED BY TIMES OF INDIA GROUP TO PAY TRIBUTE TO THE MARTYRS.
• PERFORMED WITH PT RAJAN SAJAN MISHRA ON 22ND FEBRUARY 2008 IN RIMPA (RAVISHANKAR INSTITUTE OF MUSIC AND PERFORMING ARTS.
• PERFORMED WITH PT RAJAN SAJAN MISHRA ON 29TH FEBRUARY 2008 IN CHINMAYA MISSION.
• PERFORMED WITH SMT GIRIJA DEVI JI ON 18TH APRIL 2008 FOR RESPECTED MURARI BABPU.
His collaboration in Malaysia with reputed organizations (government and local)
• Indian High Commission, Indian Cultural centre.
• University of Malaysia
• Cultural Ministry of Malaysia
• Indian Classical Vibes’ society
• Malaysia Hindu Sangam
• Temple of Fine Arts in Kula Lumpur and Penang
• Malaysian Association of Blind
• International College of Music